Version 0.3.3 can generate encrypted DCPs: with the keyman application you can now generate KDMs, too.
In version 0.3.2, DCP Builder will not require any registration, and it will be watermark-free.
It took longer than expected, but now you can try the new version 0.3.1, with some bug fix and EXPERIMENTAL support for cryptography. It is only available for Windows 64 bit, at the moment, and other platforms will be added periodically.
The main author of the program is Giuseppe Baruffa, assistant professor at the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering of the University of Perugia, and member of the Digital Signal Processing laboratory. It took several time to write the base library, the command line tool, and the graphical interface.
First of all, Pietro Clarici, theatre owner of Supercinema and Politeama Clarici, Foligno, without whom I could have not tested and projected the GBytes of data produced by this software.
Then, Wolfgang Woehl, Filmmuseum Munich, who suggested some neat improvements on the interface and on sane default behavior.
Knut Erik Evensen has tested the Mac OS X port and helped to fill the bundle application with all correct shared libraries. He also tested the QuickTime version with Apple Prores clips.
Antonin Descampe, Université catholique de Louvain, has reported a bug in Mac OS X interface.
Bill Elswik and Michael Karagosian for providing access to MPEG Interoperability Initiative documents.
Kommer Kleijn has fixed some errors and misconceptions written into this manual.
David Ballard tested the program on an extremely multithreaded machine, with 12 cores (24 threads).
And a special thank goes to the boss and the people of the DSP Laboratory: Fabrizio, Paolo, and Barbara.
- Glenn Kennel. Color and Mastering for Digital Cinema. Focal Press, 2006.
- Rafael Gonzalez, Richard Woods. Digital Image Processing. Prentice Hall, 2008.
- Henry R. Kang. Computational colour technology. SPIE Press, Bellingham, WA, USA, 2006.
- Al Bovik (editor). Handbook of image and video processing. Academic Press, 2000.
- David Taubman, Michael Marcellin. JPEG2000: Image Compression Fundamentals, Standards and Practice. The Kluwer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004.
- Tinku Acharya, Ping-Sing Tsai. JPEG2000 standard for image compression: concepts, algorithms and VLSl architectures. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2005.
- James H. Kasner. Bandwidth Compression (BWC) Guide for JPEG 2000 Visually Lossless and Numerically Lossless Compression of Imagery Data - Working Draft 1.2. Eastman Kodak Company, January 22nd, 2004.
- Xavier Delaunay. EBCOT coding passes explained on a detailed example. [Online]. Available: http://d.xav.free.fr/ebcot/EBCOT_example.pdf.
- Gaetano Impoco. JPEG2000 - A Short Tutorial. April 1st, 2004. [Online]. Available: http://www.dmi.unict.it/~impoco/files/tutorial_JPEG2000.pdf.
- Jin Li. Image Compression - the Mathematics of JPEG 2000. Microsoft Research, Communication Collaboration and Signal Processing, 2002. [Online]. Available: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/jinl/paper_2002/msri_jpeg.pdf.
- Digital Cinema System Specification, Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC Std. V1.1, 2007. [Online]. Available: http://www.dcimovies.com.
- Stereoscopic Digital Cinema Addendum, Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC Std. V1.0, 2007. [Online]. Available: http://www.dcimovies.com.
- ISO/IEC Standard. ISO/IEC 15444-1:2004. Information technology -- JPEG 2000 image coding system - Part 1: Core coding system. 2004.
- ISO/IEC Standard. ISO/IEC 15444-1:2004/Amd 1:2006. Information technology – JPEG 2000 image coding: Core coding system. AMENDMENT 1: Profiles for digital cinema applications. 2006.
- Stan Cossette. MPEG Interoperability Initiative: Composition Playlist Specification - Application Specification for Digital Cinema Packaging (AS-DCP). V. 2.4, July 8th, 2004.
- Stan Cossette. MPEG Interoperability Initiative: Delivery Media Representation and Segmentation - Application Specification for Digital Cinema Packaging (AS-DCP). V. 3.4, August 24th, 2004.
- Stan Cossette. MPEG Interoperability Initiative: Packing List Specification - Application Specification for Digital Cinema Packaging (AS-DCP). V. 2.4, May 27th, 2005.
- Tim Ryan. Subtitle Specification (XML File Format) for DLP CinemaTM Projection Technology. Rev. B, May 12th, 2003.
- SMPTE Standard. D-Cinema Packaging — Composition Playlist, SMPTE 429-7-2006. October 3rd, 2006.
- SMPTE Standard. D-Cinema Packaging — Packing Playlist, SMPTE 429-8-2007. June 25th, 2007.
- SMPTE Standard. D-Cinema Packaging — Asset Mapping and File Segmentation, SMPTE 429 9 2007. June 25th, 2007.
- SMPTE Standard. Digital Cinema Distribution Master — Subtitle, SMPTE 428 7 2007. April 12th, 2007.
- SMPTE Standard. D-Cinema Distribution Master — Audio Characteristics, SMPTE 428 2 2006. August 16th, 2006.
- SMPTE Standard. D-Cinema Distribution Master — Image Characteristics, SMPTE 428 1 2006. September 29th, 2006.