Version 0.3.3 can generate encrypted DCPs: with the keyman application you can now generate KDMs, too.
In version 0.3.2, DCP Builder will not require any registration, and it will be watermark-free.
It took longer than expected, but now you can try the new version 0.3.1, with some bug fix and EXPERIMENTAL support for cryptography. It is only available for Windows 64 bit, at the moment, and other platforms will be added periodically.
Known bugs and solutions
READ THE MANUAL BEFORE ASKING WHY THE PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK AS EXPECTED!
- For some particular HW configuration, the fingerprint is unstable and might change cyclically after every reboot. This happens frequently on laptops (more below).
- DCP builder can only manage sequences of images with three components: B/W images or RGBA images are not supported.
- Saving a project during encoding crashes the program: save either before pressing START or after everything is finished, but not during encoding.
- SMPTE subtitles are not working.
- When resuming from DCDM* (j2k's), select a path for the wav files, too (it is not necessary to have wav's inside).
- If you encounter problems importing WAV audio files (the log tells "unknown format"), a possibility is that they are in Broadcast Wave Format (open it with an hex editor and look for the chunk "bext"), which is slightly different from the regular Microsoft Wave format. To resolve, open and save them as regular wav's with an audio editor.
- Avoid putting the source files or the DCP files in path containing uncommon characters, just use simple ASCII paths and file names. Differently, you may experience the impossibility to load/write files on disk.
- Any type of imported file must be at least 128 bytes long, be it picture, video, audio, or text. Very probably, you will never have such types of problems with a picture or video or audio file. If your subtitle file is shorter than 128 characters, just add a bunch of newlines at the end.
- If you are not able to import PNG files under the Mac OS X 64 bit version, please download it again: I have rebuilt it recently since there was a misconfiguration in the release build.
If you believe you have discovered a bug, which is neither discussed here or in the manual, please let us know by dropping a message in the forum.